Mag. Wolfgang Fürst
– born in 1961, in Freistadt, Austria – Finished studies on the „Hochschule für Angewandten Kunst“, master ́s class of
Peter Weibel, Art and Multi Media Design – lives and works in Vienna
In the late 80ies first group exhibitions at
– Grita Insam, Modern Art Galerie (Vienna) – Thaddaeus Ropac (Salzburg) – Art Basel – Art Chicago – Museum Ludwig Cologne, temporary and room-filling video installation
Change to creative industries and advertising: Team BBDO Düsseldorf, Ogilvy & Mather Düsseldorf and agency foundation in Vienna. Since 2006 years artistic examinations with the line as pictorial language paired with the themes portrait, body, erotic sex and pornography
– 2007 Art in public space, solo exhibition of digital minute portraits (one-liner) of
passengers on the infoscreens in all Vienna subway stations, buses and trams.
– 2008 Solo exhibition of large format digital painting in the Milleniumstower Wien.
– 2009 till today permanent exhibition Hotel Museum Vienna
– 2010-12 study trips to South Africa, Ethiopia, Nepal and Malaysia
– since 2011 concentration on minimal art and encrypted abstraction of erotic topics.
– 2018 Exhibition at Parallel Vienna.
– 2018 Group exhibition “My first Room”, IKO-Art.
– 2019 Group exhibition “Sankt Petersburger Hanging”, IKO-Art.
– 2019 Exhibition at Kunstmesse Art Bodensee.”
– 2019 Solo exhibition at Parallel Vienna.
since 2018 multiple purchases by important collectors